We wish to ensure everyone that comes to Chequessett has a great round and first and foremost a safe round. The following are our club policies that you must abide by while on the golf course.
- When teeing off please make sure the group in front of you is out of range
- Do not drive the golf carts through any hazards, ground under repair or other areas that damage or injury could happen to the golf cart occupants or the golf cart itself
- If you hear thunder IMMEDIATELY stop your round and seek shelter
- Do not stand in front of or ahead of any player in your group when they are hitting a shot
- If you do hit a wayward shot towards another player yell “FORE” loudly!
- Men are required to wear collared shirts on the golf course
- No open toe shoes, boots or heels allowed
- Softspikes ONLY! No metal spikes allowed
- No Halter tops, tank tops, or short shorts allowed
Pace of Play:
- Pace of play at CYCC is 2 hours per nine holes of play. If you fall behind the ranger will warn you and you must pick up your pace. If you are not able to do so the ranger has full authority to instruct you to pick up your ball and skip ahead to catch up to the group in front of you.
- If you are playing 18 holes please remember we will give you a turn time 2 hours after your initial tee time. If you are slow in making the turn or choose to stop for lunch you will have to wait for the next available tee time to play your second nine.
Golf Cart Rental and Usage:
- You must be a legal adult to rent a motorized golf cart (aged 18 or older) and must have a valid drivers license to operate/drive a golf cart. If you disregard this rule and allow a minor or unlicensed driver to operate a golf cart you will forfeit your round and be asked to leave the premises.
- The 90 Degree rule is in effect at CYCC. This means you shall stay on the cart path until you are parallel to your ball, then you may turn and go straight out to the ball. After playing your shot please return directly to the cart path.
- Golf Carts are to be kept AT LEAST 50 YARDS from the greens.
- At times Golf Carts will be restricted to Cart Paths ONLY! The Pro-Shop or Starter will inform you if this is the case.
On Course Behavior:
- Golf is a “gentlemans” game and we expect all players to follow course etiquette.
- No Foul Language or expletives are to be used on premises
- No excessive drinking is allowed and if drunken behavior is shown you will forfeit your round and immediately be escorted off the premises.
- No beverages are allowed on the course that you brought with you from off course THIS IS A STATE LAW! All beverages must be purchased from CYCC
Rain Check Policy:
- If you purchased a 9 hole round and you have played less than 5 holes you will be issued a 9 hole rain check. If you have teed off on your 5th hole you have the option to wait until the course reopens to finish your round but no rain check will be given.
- If you purchased an 18 hole round and have played less than 5 holes you will be issued an 18 hole rain check. If you have played more than 5 holes but less than 14 holes you will be issued a 9 hole rain check.
- NO CASH WILL BE REFUNDED FOR GREENS FEES